Brussels/Flensburg, 08/07/2023: The DAAD Brussels together with the European Commission, OBREAL Global, EURASHE, EDUFI, Nuffic and a network of German Universities of Applied Sciences invite you to a joint conference. On 5 and 6 September 2023, the event on “Applied Sciences as drivers for regional innovation ecosystems in Africa” will take place at the Renaissance Hotel in Brussels.
In light of the Sustainable Development Goals, the Africa-EU Joint Vision for 2030, the Global Gateway Strategy, the EU-AU Innovation Agenda, and the African Union’s Agenda 2063, it is crucial to prioritize the emphasis on applied sciences in Africa. This is essential to promote social and economic development for the continent’s overall advancement.
The conference aims to:
- Discuss the contribution of the applied sciences in fostering innovation and job generation in Africa.
- Examine the complex interactions of regional innovation ecosystems.
- Contribute to the further development of the EU-Africa Partnership in the field of higher education and research.
- Discuss the importance of the Global Gateway as a framework for further cooperation.
- Present different successful cooperation projects between academia and industry on both continents.
- Engage in a dialogue with industry and other related education sectors (TVET) on training human resources and the mutual learning between stakeholders.
The conference is structured as follows: Day 1 will consist of a public conference aimed at practitioners and policy experts, where the topic will be introduced and its multiple dimensions will be explored. Day 2 will focus on (Higher) education cooperation projects, with policy workshops organized around four thematic tracks: (Renewable) Energy and Green Transition, Agriculture and Food Security, (Public) Health, and IT/Technology and Innovation, providing a platform for discussion and sharing of best practices.
Further information on the conference and the possibility to register can be found via this link: https://www.daad-brussels.eu/en/2023/06/29/eu-africa-conference-applied-sciences-as-drivers-for-regional-innovation-ecosystems-in-africa/