Lübeck, 22/02/2023: The African continent offers diverse opportunities in many sectors – also for small and medium-sized enterprises. In order to arouse interest, to sound out opportunities and to be able to answer questions precisely, the Chambers of Industry and Commerce in Schleswig-Holstein have been offering a new service since September 2022.
On 22 February, a kick-off event was held in Lübeck to launch the Entrepreneur Network Africa. Entrepreneurs, representatives of institutions and people interested in the topic met to exchange experiences in a relaxed atmosphere. Kay Pfaffenberger from the CBTA was present as well as the author and professor Robert Kappel. The medium-sized companies from Schleswig-Holstein FlorasBest Greenhouse Ltd, AQUAMONDIS Germany GmbH and Baier Motors GmbH were also represented.
The event was intended to establish a wide-ranging business network to establish or expand business relations with Africa. At each meeting, companies report on their experiences and experts provide information on current trends. Participants who are planning a project and would like feedback on it, as well as those looking for cooperation partners, will be offered a pitch in the round. However, the main focus is on networking and making new contacts.
Katy Schröder is a Business Scout for Development at the Lübeck Chamber of Commerce and Industry for Schleswig-Holstein and Hamburg and offers the following services to companies in developing and emerging countries:
- explore new markets, structured information and precise contacts, support options for market entry
- develop projects, work out strategies, identify local partners, assess risks, use funding and financing opportunities
- support cluster formation, network companies with complementary products and services, plan joint activities
- develop new origins, explore new sourcing opportunities, use import promotion instruments in developing and emerging countries
- expand business networks, organise exchange of experience and develop skills for successful entrepreneurial action in developing and emerging countries
Event details: https://www.ihk.de/schleswig-holstein/system/veranstaltungssuche/vstdetail-antrago/5288442/10754?terminId=10754 and https://www.ihk.de/schleswig-holstein/international/kooperationen/afrika-zukunftsmaerkte-5636146